Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Monday, March 12, 2007

50 Mile Weekend

This past weekend was full of running. As recommended by an ultra marathoner friend, "try to run a marathon on a Saturday, then run the same distance the following Sunday." The Umstead marathon provided me with that opportunity!

I ran Umstead at a slower pace than normal in anticipation of the next days run. I didn't think however it would take 4:36:48. I felt strong enough to run/hike the next day for 24 miles at South Mountains State Park, giving me a weekend total of 50 miles. This was a good exercise that helps my body build a better lactate threshold. Im going to need it for the 100 miler coming up at the end of this month.

Taking a dip in the cold waters at South Mountain was a great way to end the day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dude your a beast, good luck on the 100 miler

Sultonic said...

Thanks, I'll need it!