Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Monday, February 20, 2012

Rattle My Heart 50k

I rose in compleate darkness and hit the road by 6 am and witnessed an amazing crescent moon.  There is something to be said about the early morning rides up to the mountains, and how so few people experience dusk. Picked up some caffine and a few sandwiches and rolled to black mountain.


The weather was warm, and the forecast called for even warmer weather.  I dropped my arm warmers, and carried two bottles.  I knew I would have water at Kitsuma, and just before Heartbreak Ridge.

This says it all:



This is the first time I feel good most of the entire run.  Awesome run and amazing weather, and even better company!

No comments: