Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Saturday, December 05, 2009

Big A - No Summit

I am back in the town of Mendoza. After fighting off bad weather for 5 days, 4 of which Erik and I were hunkered down at camp Nido de Condores (17,600 ft) in a tent torn apart by snow, wind, and ice, we attempted our summit. On our 6th day we slept at Camp Berlin (19,000 ft). We left camp by 3:35am and ended up turning around at 6:30am just below Camp Independencia at an approximate elevation of 20,700 feet due to high winds, and sever cold. I wanted to keep my toes.

This trip has been an amazing experience, and I will surly write more on this when I get stateside. Ciao!

No comments: