Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Friday, November 13, 2009

Working in Florida

I’m down in the Sunshine state for work, and hate that I am at sea level, but I am making the best of it.

Thursday I took the elevator down 20 flights and turned left on the beach running towards the sun coming up. I ran for 20 minutes and turned around and chased my shadow back towards the condo for a 4 mile round trip sunrise run.

Friday I started by taking a right, and chased my shadow again on the cold sand. My feet were practically numb in the sand, but thawed them out in the warm salt water. I ran for 30 minutes this time, and then turned around. I was facing the sun, which was bright, and warmed my body a bit. I negative split this 6 mile run by 3 minutes on this Friday the 13th.

Saturday I had Oz drop me off 10 miles West of the condo. I ran back, all facing the sun while running bare foot. It took me 1:38 to cover the distance, and I had tiny blisters on my toes more than likely from rubbing the moist sand the wrong way. I sat in the hot tub after the run, and enjoyed the sunny Florida weather on my drive back to the foothills of the Carolina's while pondering a 100 mile barefoot panhandel run from Pensacola to Panama City. You interested?

No comments: