Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Sunday, March 09, 2008

Umstead Marathon

This is my second year running the Umstead Marathon shaving 16 minutes off my last years run. Ten min before the run even started the rain began to pour. I started having flashbacks of Bartram day 2, but it was much colder there.

I felt much better on this, much better than Mt. Mitchell. My body was on a rebound from the nasty flu that I’ve had for the entire month of February. The Umstead marathon can be fairly brutal. With a good mix of up and down hills, and single track the feet can take a good poundage. The last six miles were a bit miserable, but I was able to finish strong and at least beat my time from last year.

No comments: