Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Saturday, June 26, 2010

No Blood, Lots of Sweat, Gears & Flats

results
write up by some dude

100 mile century ride
8:25:52
Vale Crucis, NC


I completed the Blood, Sweat, & Gears 100 mile century ride in 8:25:52. My legs certainly were not fresh having busted out a few miles in Wyoming the weekend before. What really threw me off was 2 flats, one at mile 31, and the other at mile 76.

My second flat almost had me with my hands up and throwing in the towel. I didn't have a second tube, so I took a nap under the shade for 20 minutes until someone offered the tube. The nap felt great!

Making the cut off to mile 82 by literally 3 minutes, I pushed on all the way to the finish. BSG has some nasty elevation gain, and many
hair pin turns on the descents, causing many to crash, or go off road into the trees. Climbing up Snake Mtn forced many to walk the bike, which I did for 5 minutes or so. This was a great ride, and certainly worth checking off the list.

No comments: