Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Sunday, March 07, 2010

RunRideWeekend

This weekend I put down my fastest half marathon finish to date, a 1:32:16. I ran 7 minute miles on the head every mile, until I hit Morehead which is when I slowed my role a bit to finish with a 7:02 pace average. I'm not into short and fast runs, but the corporate cup was my very first half marathon ever, and wanted to run it again.

The next day I hung out with a few new cycling friends for a 64 mile ride. I'm still learning how to become a stronger rider as cross training for my running.

Next week I plan to run the Crowders 50k and follow that up with a ride as I plan to keep cross training on the bike.

2010 will bring a few cycling adventures onto my Calendar. Some of which include the Assault on the Carolina's, Assault on Mt. Mitchell, Fletcher Flyer, and Blood, Sweat, and Gears!


No comments: