Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Sunday, May 31, 2009

Devils Garden on the MTS - 18 miles

I went out with my rock climbing buddies to Stone mountain on a Sunday afternoon. After running 6 miles on the road (4 because I was headed in the wrong direction) I hit the Mountains to Sea Trail (MTS) to the parkway and back. The climb up to Devils Garden on the Blue Ridge Parkway was steep, about 6 miles each way.

It was hot and I guzzled down the 3 liters I was carrying prematurely, leaving me dry for the last 40 minutes of my trek. I laid in the creek for 10 minutes in the 80+ degree heat. It felt great.

Total ascent for the day was 3600 feet. 12 miles on MTS, 6 miles on road, 18 miles total. Its great to be outdoors!

No comments: