Warning: the following words and images will allow you to vicariously see the world with the eyes of Sultan. Read at your own risk. The name Sultan has many meanings, but derives from the peak Sultan Mountain in Silverton, CO!


Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dubai - U.A.E.

After traveling for over 22 hours, I landed in Dubai. It was 1:30am and I didnt get much rest on the plane. I had to make a choice, and make it fast. Go to sleep now, get a few hours of rest before I run my marathon in 5 1/2 hours, or check out the town. We went out!

I grabbed some shawarma, and checked out what Dubai had to offer. At 6am a friend droped me off infront of the Dubai Trade Center where the marathon begain. It was a cool morning which excited me. I knew however that they day would quickly warm up to 80 degrees farinhit. At the start I looked around. Virtually no Arabs running. This was dissapointing. They were all expatriot workers from Britan, Germany, or Australia that I noticed. This was a great training run, and excellent training for sleep deprivation! I also saw the entire city as we ran to the Burj Al-Arab on Jumaria Street and back.



5 days prior I ran the Disney marathon in Orlando.








No comments: